11.03.2008

A Long-Expected Posting...

Over the last year I have began to take a deeper interest in photography. A major part of the driving force was my Dad, a life-long photographer himself, and also the fact that last summer I was presented with the opportunity to spend my first year of college studying abroad. So, before departing my Dad helped me acquire my first digital SLR, the Nikon D40. Many of the shots that I share, especially at first, will come from this D40 and from trips I took while studying in Florence, Italy.

Now, the whole time leading into and while I was in Italy I pondered, plotted and even started a few other websites that were intended as travel journals to share with family and friends and also for me to better remember my time spent abroad. Well, that never happened and part of me is very glad of that because the time I spent working on such a project could have gotten in the way of all the fun I was having.

Fast-forward to November 2008 and I find myself with the kinds of free-time that usually leads to ideas similar to those seen in Animal House. Well, instead of throwing a few Toga parties I hope to spend a lot of my time taking photos and improving my skill and building a portfolio. Please share this site with family and friends and I'll hope to keep it interesting. I look forward to your comments. -Ryan

No comments: